Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

It's OK! I'm not dead, but my computer is!


Just before I went on my recent Lecture Tour, my computer got the hump and stopped talking to me.
It appeared that its motherboard was terminally ill and flatly refused to go online.

Whilst I was away, it just sat and sulked and when I got back, instead of welcoming me, it proceeded to die of old age.

Desperate measures were needed to save all my documents and programs, before it were too late.

I visited a load of PC stores trying to find a computer set up with Win Xp for home office use.... But Windows Vista is the new flavour of the month, and not at all any use to me.

Eventually, I located a Shuttle set-up that met my requirements, but it had a Linex platform, which I, in my innocence, thought would be simple to be remove.

Oh boy, was I wrong.

Even with experts working on it... it took another four days to remove it completely.

But, to cut a long story short, I now have a new computer, running Win Xp and with the spell-checker that is so vital to us dyslexia sufferers.

So now, after a couple of weeks worry and hair pulling, I am at last back online. Yippee!

There will be some much more interesting info for you, from tomorrow onwards, so stay tuned to learn about the aboriginal tribe, I'm descended from, and our work with LiveWood and Sacred Trees.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Please Note: All previous posts have been archived, but you can see them by clicking the Archives buttons.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?