Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

What a Week that was!

Sometimes I wonder if I’m doing the right things in life… should I go on trying to share my knowledge and experiences with world… or should I say, to hell with it all and just sit around and take it easy like most senior citizens.

This week it seems that everything is trying to keep me away from writing this Blog.

Last weekend was a bit hectic but somehow I survived it all; in spite of tiding up the house and laying in a lot of organic vegetarian food for foreign visitors who unfortunately went sick at the last minute and couldn’t come.

Over the weekend, I suddenly discovered an old friend of mine, ( who is my age, although, for various reasons, I haven’t seen him for nearly 20 years ), is now dying of Cancer.
For nearly half a century, Reg Griffiths, working with his wife and Magickal Partner, Dot; has been one of the oldest, best loved and most highly respected Witches in the United Kingdom.
Tirelessly working as an un-paid ambassador for Wicca both on and off, television and it the press.
He is a great guy and will be hard act for anyone to follow, when he is finally forced to kick the bucket.
Thank you Reg, for being an inspiration to us all!

Which reminds me, my computer, at three years of age, is starting to play up on a regular basis. It seems that I’ve overloaded my RAM and my MotherBoard is well past it’s ‘sell by date’ so that it can’t cope with an updated memory chip.
It mumbles rude words at me like a rebellious teenager, every time I put it under pressure… so I’m having to treat it with kid gloves, and hope it doesn’t breakdown before I can raise the money for a replacement. Oh well, such is life.

I’ve solved some of the problem, by installing a new more streamlined Fire Wall… but now the damn printer is giving me hassle.

To add to my problems, the crown on one of my eye-teeth, has come off and cannot be replaced… so now I feel silly every time I laugh; which unfortunately is very often… so I guess you’ll have to get used to a ‘gappy-gob’.

Today, the sun shone for the first time in over a week, in spite of the temperature dropping 10 degrees, with a very cold east wind.
You know, the anti-social kind, that can’t be bother to go around you, it just cut straight through you, no matter what you are wearing.

So to celebrate, my wife and I made the short trip to the next town, Gravesend, to walk by their river, the Thames, as a change from our river Medway.
Off course, it was low tide… and being an estuary like our river… the sea makes it back-up, raising the level by 15 feet, ( 3 metres ), up and down every day, covering and exposing huge areas of mud-bank.

It was too cold to spend long gawping at the mud, so we went into the waterfront café. There is a very nice notice on the door, indicating that … in the winter, the staff will attempt to keep this café open every day, but that sometimes the weather will have other ideas.

Gravesend, famous as the burial ground of Pocahontas, is a very cosmopolitan town, and we spent a pleasant hour enjoying a nice meal and listening to conversations in many languages, such as Punjabi, Hindi, Bengali, and Gujarati, going on all around us.
It is always so good to see people of many different races, and backgrounds, smiling and having fun with their children, in this simple homely café.

It made us both feel good and when we got home again… I was in a better more to cope with all the dozens of e-mails that resulted from my mention of Amber Pebbles in a previous post.

More to follow soon....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Please Note: All previous posts have been archived, but you can see them by clicking the Archives buttons.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?