Monday, March 05, 2007

 

An rare example of Elfin Art…..

When I had completed fifty years as a LiveWood Craftsman, ‘The Folks Upstairs’ (our Elfin name for ‘the Gods before the Gods’) gave me a very special present.

They arranged for an ancient Yew Tree, over 5,000 years old and one of the oldest in Europe, to donate a piece of LiveWood to me, for me to make into a very special Magick Wand, for my own use.

As far as I know, it is the oldest magick wand to be found anywhere in the world.

I will have it with me when I speak at Leicester on the 17th of this month… but, for the benefit of all those of you, who are unable to be there… you can see it in the picture above.

It is unusual in the fact that it bears a face with long hair sweeping up to form the point.
I didn’t carve this face… It is a natural formation in the wood, that makes it so loveable.

Unfortunately, the ancient energy in this tool is so powerful that I can’t allow anybody to handle it for safety’s sake; and I have to handle it with care myself.
But most people find it a joy to behold.

Unlike, the other wands I will have on display, it will not be for sale, as it’s price would be prohibitive for most people, and I wouldn’t want to part with it anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Please Note: All previous posts have been archived, but you can see them by clicking the Archives buttons.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?