Friday, January 12, 2007

 

The Magick of Folding Money


As I was walking through our local market yesterday, I noticed one of the traders busy counting the money he had taken on his stall.

In England, most market traders wear a special reinforced apron, with several zipped pockets to keep their money safe; called his ‘Apron’ ‘Pouch’ or ‘Moneybag.’ This keeps your cash and notes, in safe keeping, and out of sight to sneak-thieves and tax-men.

This particular trader, drew my attention, because his body-language indicated that he was having a bad day financially. The scowl on his face was probably a lot of the trouble. The Chinese have a saying that ‘a man without a smiling face, should not open a shop!’

His actions reminded me of how I used to cope with this depressing situation whenever it occurred, and that was pretty often in my early days as a trader. I used to ‘work the markets’ between jobs, in order to feed my children and keep the wolf from the door, during the 70’s depression.

Being an Elf I naturally used my family magick to improve my attitude and thereby my takings. This is something that could prove useful to you too.

Firstly, I would on count the notes; leaving the coins to accumulate in my pouch.

Then I would fold the wad of notes in half, thereby doubling it’s thickness. You need to do this with determination, squeezing the wad, into a solid lump.

At the same time you mentally tell yourself, with conviction, that you’re going to double this amount, before packing up for the night. You also signal your intention to both yourself and the money, by tensing the muscles in both arms, as you do so.

This way your whole body knows that, come what may, you are going to be so nice and helpful to your customers, that they like you enough to buy from you.

I found this worked, again and again. I remember, one occasion in 1983, when I was displaying my Magickal Items at a national New Age Fair. It was near the end of a long and very tiring day, competing with lots of other crafts-people. My son and I were worried that we wouldn’t be making any profit at all, due to the very high overheads of attending this exhibition.

And then, at the last minute, as we were busy packing all our items into boxes to take them home; a fellow in a t-shirt and shorts arrived.

He told us he was a computer programmer, and had had difficulty getting away from work to get to the show. In those days, computers were huge and housed in special rooms with air-conditioning and dust controls.

So we unpacked our handcrafted items and he looks at them and then pulled a fistful of notes out of his pocket. Each note represented a weeks earnings to me. They were fifty pound notes, ( about 75 euros or 100 US$) and in those days worth some four or five times their current value.

It was a win/win situation, he got the Magickal Items he wanted and we went home, late but with three notes profit. All our efforts had been repaid.

As you can see, magick is part of my life… I’ll be telling you more about later….

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Please Note: All previous posts have been archived, but you can see them by clicking the Archives buttons.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?