Friday, December 15, 2006

 

The Truth About Trees… Part 13

Read More

One of my favourite trees is the Beech; Buche in German and Beuk in Dutch.

When you place your hand on it’s bark, it has a nice ‘cool, calm and collected’ touch about it; for it is a ‘ Luna’ tree.

We Elves, divide all Tree-Groups into ‘ Sola’ and ‘ Luna’ trees, because the ‘ Luna’ trees are much more willing to work with Humans. But I’ll tell you more about that in a future posting

You may have noticed that Beech Trees tend to have a lot of big, lumpy roots, poking up through the earth at the base of their trunk, as in the photo.

Often there are little pools of rainwater collecting between these roots.

Have you ever put your fingers into this water and actually felt the water?

Not only is it very soft, but it is also very soapy.

Do you know why this is and what it can be used for?

The clue to the answer is in the dark lines that can be seen running down the trunk, wherever a branch grows out from the trunk.

They are caused by rainwater running down the branch, and then running in a torrent down the trunk, leaving dust and dirt in it’s wake.

A lot of humans have ‘ greasy skin’ and so do Beech trees. So this greasy bark causes the rainwater running down it to become quite soapy.

In the old days when I was young, in this body, some sixty years ago; it was quite normal for people to place crocks ( china containers ) under Beech trees to collect the rainwater for washing hair.

For the first 15 years of my life, my hair was washed with ‘ Beech Rainwater’ every week.

Our Elfin hair is very fine, with the smallest diameter of any human hair. Which makes it lovely and soft, but almost unmanageable.

Barbers and hairdressers, hate having to cut it; and many is the time I had to wait in the shop whilst the hairdressers drew lots to see who would be the un-lucky one to have to deal with my hair.

This is why, now that people are more relaxed and tolerant, I now wear it in the traditional Elfin Top-knot.

Mind you, I do still get funny looks and small children pointing; but what the heck, I’m proud that my ‘ side-burns’ are long enough to go up to, and hang down from, my Top-knot. Which is easier than hanging them over my ears, like my Jewish friends do with their ‘ Payees’ or side-locks.

There is still a lot more to come on trees…. So ‘ stay tuned’…. And Bookmark this page!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Please Note: All previous posts have been archived, but you can see them by clicking the Archives buttons.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?